Product Show Case: Trader Joe’s Frozen Oatmeal
Each month I love to showcase a favorite food or culinary product I think is fabulous. I was recently introduced to Trader Joe’s frozen steel-cut oatmeal. It comes in packs of two. All you do is drop in a bowl and microwave for a few minutes. And you have a beautiful bowl of warm oatmeal. It is totally divine! It’s a life savor if you love steel-cut oatmeal but don’t have time for the stove top version. And wouldn’t you know it, the 2nd Monday of February is National Oatmeal Day. So on February 14th, you can celebrate by starting your day with a bowl of oatmeal. 🙂
Oatmeal is a super stellar whole grain with plenty of soluble fiber that has benefits for heart health. Here’s an article on how to get more nutritional bang for your buck when it comes to oatmeal. And wouldn’t you know it, the timing is perfect since February is American Heart Month.
Here are some fun ways to enjoy your oatmeal:
- Creamy Apple: add raisins, chopped apples, dash of cinnamon
- Trail Mix: sprinkle in almonds, craisins, and chocolate chips
- Banana Split: bananas and dried cherries
- French Toast: 1 packet instant oatmeal, mixed with one egg white, fry up in a non-stick skillet
- PB & J: 1 T peanut butter, handful of your favorite dried fruit
Do you have a favorite way to enjoy your oatmeal? Please share!