#endED Chat Re-Cap with Rosie Molinary: Living with Intentional Wellness
Thank you to all that joined #EndED this Wednesday. We had a very inspiring, powerful conversation with writer Rosie Molinary, about kicking off our year in a way that deliberately embraces intentional wellness. If you missed the chat, you can catch some of the highlights below!
Q1. Are there rituals/exercises you start the year with in order to inspire you to joyfully, deliberately live well?
- @rosiemolinary this year, I had a vision board party with friends and it was really fun & allowed us to learn about each other
- RT @rosiemolinary: Here is a link to a post where I shared this years vision boards (1 personal &1 professional)http://t.co/7dllAGVy
- @krjourno I chose to not make resolutions this year (that I wont keep!!) and focus instead on taking action towards being better!
- @marcird I did start a new ritual this year though. I tried to think of something I’m grateful for before dinner. Calming ritual
Q2. What is your vision for yourself this year?
- @jessicaclaytonm Cultivating a healthy body and mind as well as self-compassion.
- @marcird Balance is always something I’m striving for too. It’s a constant moving target. 🙂
- @rosiemolinary I wish to be wholehearted + deliberately healthy.
- @MarciRD My vision (& hope) is to keep an open mind- open to new possibilities, points of view, opportunities for growth, friendships, etc
- @jekjessTo live in balance – eating, exercise, work, social… so far so good! #endED
Q3. What do you already want to celebrate about the way you are intentionally embracing wellness this year?
- @MarciRD I have always been fortunate to have in extremely strong and supportive network of positive people around me
- @GirlEat I am blessed to have chosen a life partner that celebrates true beauty.
- @jessicaclaytonm I am focusing on balancing my social life, academic life, and “me time”.
- @jekjess Been really mindful of my physical and emotional needs. Mindfulness has been hard for me but I’ve really been succeeding recently.
- @MarciRD I make time for laughter. Laughing is one of my FAVORITE past times and makes me feel so so good. I try to do it daily. 🙂
Q4. Wellbeing encompasses physical, emotional, mental + spiritual health. How are you caring for yourself in these areas?
- @jekjess Physical – balancing exercise and rest days, nutritious foods and less nutritious foods
- @MiltonStokes imagine picking up and then letting go of THE it standing in the way
- @jekjess emotional – Making sure that my relationships with others are healthy, making sure that I have time for self-care
- @krjourno: One word – yoga!!
- @NeedStrength A4 mental: Going back to counseling Physical: T’ai Chi and Self Defense classes
- @jekjess mental – working HARD in therapy! spiritual – exploring different approaches to my religion, and seeking guidance.
Q5. What ways do you still need support for your journey this year?
- @jessicaclaytonm I need to kick the lingering parts of my ED to the curb. I already trust my treatment team, but I need to learn to trust my body.
- @MiltonStokes gotta remember to plan what I need
- @NeedStrength After I graduate from college I will no longer have my counseling center and I will need support in the transition
- @jekjess 5. I need emotional support, true friendships, and the occasional reality check when I get anxious!
Q6. What wisdom can you share with all of us about embracing wellness and ending eatingdisorders?
- @MarciRD Support, support, support, support, support.
- @ElizabethEats I’m all about eliminating guilt and sending your body lots of love on the path to wellness
- @rosiemolinary I like to remind myself that choice- choosing behaviors to best respond to what my body needs and most responds to- is medicine.
- @MarciRD: in order to recover and in order to find true wellness we have to ditch perfectionism.
- @jekjess: Your mind and your body can be your greatest allies. Treat them well. Be grateful. And dont be afraid to ask for help.
- @GirlEat: Ive learned that when I love my body (trust, love, nutrition), it loves me back (health, happiness, strength).
- @NeedStrength Being kind to yourself and consciously caring for your mind and body go a long way
- RT @jessicaclaytonm: Listen to your heart and your support system, not the media.