Save the Date!!!
I am hosting a 5 week Eating Disorder Nutrition Therapy course for RDs and RDs-to-be. Whether you’re brand new to the nutrition field, or hoping to gain more experience in treating clients with eating disorders, this course will give you the skills and tools you need.
“Whether you are just beginning to work with people with eating disorders or have been working with the population for years, Marci’s workshop is a must. Not only does Marci provide an in-depth look at eating disorders and the dietitian’s role, but she provides actual tools that can be used immediately. One of the best available resources to dietitians for eating disorder education!”
-Lindsay Stenovec, MS, RDN, former course attendee.
“One of the best ED training programs available! Marci does a superb job integrating mental health and nutritional counseling so that you leave with a deeper understanding of how the nutrition therapist facilitates recovery. I strongly recommend this program for anyone wanting to improve their skills and add to their toolbox.”
Lisa Pearl, MS, RD, LDN
Owner, Counseling and Nutrition Center 360, and former course attendee
- Become familiar with the basic psychology of eating disorders and common co-morbidities.
- Learn basic counseling & psychology terms to increase confidence when working with clients & colleagues.
- Integrate basic tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and motivational interviewing (MI) into nutrition counseling sessions.
- Develop an appropriate nutrition assessment and prescription for the eating disorder patient- including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorder not otherwise specified.
- Utilize mindfulness exercises to teach difficult concepts such as hunger, fullness, and satiety.eating disorder work.
- Receive an introduction to principles of Intuitive Eating and how to integrate it into you practice.
- Leave with a tool box of educational and experiential interventions and handouts for working with this population.
Date and Time:
1:30-2:30 PM EST October 14, 28, November 5,12,19
From the comfort of your own computer.
Cost and Registration:
$250 for 5 weekly sessions, handouts, and practical tools you can start using immediately