Thank you again to the geniuses at Trader Joe’s! I know, nearly all of my favorite products come from TJ’s but with good cause. They offer so many fun, unique, and totally tasty items.
And this month’s spotlight is courtesy of my good friend Lisa, who has worked for Trader Joe’s for several years now. We were grocery shopping together. She dropped a bag of TJ’s frozen Roasted Corn into our cart and my eyes lit up. I had never seen it before! Roasted corn that you don’t actually have to roast yourself?! Brilliant. I don’t have a grill and am always sad to pass up a recipe that calls for grilling corn. Now you can enjoy the taste of grilled corn all year round, come rain, come shine, come grill or no grill.
Wondering what to do with it?
1. Mix it with tomatoes, basil, and lime juice for an easy salsa
2. Mix it with brown rice, black beans, and crushed tomatoes for a super speedy meal
3. Throw it in a pot with ground turkey, beans, and broth for an easy stew
4. Or how about some quick paella? See my new fave recipe below.
Quick Paella (courtesy of Cooking Light September 2010)
1 T Olive Oil
6 ounces Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced (I use the vegan chorizo from Trader Joe’s)
2 (3.5 ounce) packages boil-in-bag brown rice (like Uncle Ben’s)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
1/4 ts black pepper
1 1/2 cup water
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
3/4 cup TJs frozen roasted corn
1. Heat oil in a large pot and swirl to coat. Saute 1 minute, stirring occassionally.
2. Add rice and saute 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Add salt, paprika, and pepper; saute 30 seconds.
4. Add water and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat to meat, simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
6. Stir in edamame and corn. Enjoy!