Our next #endED Twitter chat is Wed, June 29th with Ashley Solomon, Psy.D. We’ll discuss body image and eating disorder recovery. I can’t think of a better topic for summer. Check out the Facebook Event Page for more details, including how to participate in a twitter chat if you’ve never done so before. Below are the questions Ashley will be discussing. I hope you can make it!
Twitter Chat Questions
1. How is body image defined?
2a. What factors influence the degree to which a person struggles with their own body image?
2b. What role does media play in shaping our body image?
3. How does our society’s focus on obesity impact body image?
4. How do struggles with body image affect a person’s ability to recovery from an eating disorder?
5. What can society/parents/friends/partners, etc do to help us/loved ones feel positively about our bodies?
6. What practical things can we do to improve our body image? Do you have any resources you’d recommend?
About Ashley Solomon, Psy.D
Ashley is a therapist who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders, body image, trauma, and serious mental illness. She maintains a blog Nourishing the Soul (NTS). NTS is a look at how our relationship with food can become distorted when our minds, bodies, and souls are not properly nourished. This blog provides a forum for discussion of these distortions, as well as offers news and views on the latest in the field of disordered eating, recovery, and healthy living. You can also follow her on Twitter @nourishthesoul.
The goal of #endED is to bring anyone and everyone together who cares about ending eating disorders. My hope is to end the silence and myths about eating disorders, create a place for honest and informed discussion, while offering hope and encouragement.