Yes, the EDRDpro Symposium is the only international, web-based eating disorder conference for nutritionists, therapists, and students.
Have you ever had the chance to participate in something that makes you giddy with excitement?? That’s exactly how I feel about the upcoming #EDRDpro Symposium – a 4 day online symposium with 15 eating disorder experts. How lucky am I to be included??
Whether you are a dietitian or not, I invite you to seriously consider registering for this event. There is an amazing lineup of experts on the topics of eating disorders and body image for this incredible 4-day event. The range of topics is multi-faceted and timely: building your brand, working with athletes, mastering the media, how to move away from a weight-centric treatment focus, exercise in recovery, raising healthy eaters, and so much more!
Many of you have asked for more information on my most recent venture – the complicated mix of digestive disorders and eating disorders. At the #EDRDpro Symposium I will be speaking on “The Gut Microbiome, Digestive Health, and the Eating Disorder Client.” I’ll be providing attendees with “my Top 10 Tips for Supporting Digestive Well-Being” in a user-friendly handout, along with an in-depth presentation which covers the most up to date research. I can’t wait to share it with you!
You may be wondering how I developed such a passion for speaking on digestive well-being, specifically for the eating disorder client. I can sum it up in a few bullet points:
- Childhood gastrointestinal (GI) issues are among the top 10 risk factors for the development of an eating disorder
- Up to 98% of clients with an eating disorder also struggle with some sort of GI issue. I care because it’s affecting so many people and very few know how to deal with both issues simultaneously.
- Ongoing GI issues takes a toll on emotional well-being, body image, and the length of time it takes to recover from an eating disorder
The amazing thing is that there are so many solutions to improving gut health AND eating disorder recovery. And I want more people to know about it.
Here are more of the details on this event:
Early-Bird Registration is March 20th-27th and the cost is $299
Prices increase to $399 after March 27th (which is still a steal in my book!)
With registration you get:
- 15 webinars available to you to watch at your own pace
- 15 hours of CPE credits
- Bonus videos and tips
- Resources and tools to use in your practice
- Expert insight
- Private Facebook group just for participants to ask questions, build communities, and interact with the expert contributors during the symposium.
I hope to see you there! Remember to register early