Who says Indian food can’t be quick and healthy? I created an super delicious Indian meal for dinner and the first thought that came to my mind “I’ve gotta’ blog about this!” So, here is my “busy girl’s quick & tasty Indian dish you won’t regret.”
Chef’s Note: I don’t actually measure anything when I cook, so I’m totally estimating.
Chef’s Note: This is a super easy meal to double and makes great leftovers.
* Frozen rice (I used a frozen rice medley from Trader Joe’s) or 1 cup cooked rice
*I jar of your favorite Indian sauce (I used this Seeds of Change Jalfrezi Simmer Sauce)
*2 cups chopped vegetables (I used sweet potato, broccoli, and cauliflower but anything works)
*1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted if you have time
1. If you’re super busy like me, pre-chop all of your veggies the night before and store in the fridge. Try to keep the chopped veggies uniform in size so they cook evenly.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
4. Dump veggies on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and some salt & pepper
5. Roast for 15-20 min stirring half-way through.
6. Heat sauce in a pan.
7. Microwave rice (or cook on stove top if using the non-frozen version).
8. Assemble! 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup sauce, sprinkle with raisins and almonds.
Sit back and enjoy. It is seriously delicious.