We’re so excited to announce our new Intuitive Eating Group Program
Do You Want to Improve Your Relationship with Food?
Looking for Guidance on How to Honor Your Nutritional Needs?
Struggling with Recovery From an Eating Disorder?
This program, led by Eating Disorder and Intuitive Eating expert, Sarah Patten, will help you:
- Discover how to listen and reconnect with your body’s hunger and fullness cues
- Learn to trust yourself to make decisions around what or how much to eat
- Take back your power around food
- Reconnect to your body’s innate wisdom to determine the right amount of food for you
- Develop self-trust around eating challenging or “forbidden” foods
- Practice being more mindful at meal times in a safe and supportive environment
- Exposure to challenging meals in a supportive environment fosters greater self-trust while decreasing fear and anxiety over time.
- Avoidance of particular foods or eating in a social setting is a big risk factor for relapse and can hold one back from making peace with food once and for all.
Who Should Consider Participating?
- People looking to heal their relationship with food and develop lifelong skills around eating and body trust. Participants must be appropriate for an outpatient level of care and must be working with an individual therapist and dietitian.
- An initial 15-minute phone screening is required to determine appropriateness of fit for the group and to allow for Sarah to understand each individual’s goals and challenges prior to joining.
Groups will be led by Sarah Patten, a registered dietitian, eating disorder expert, Intuitive Eating specialist, and registered yoga teacher. To register for the program, contact Sarah via email or by telephone: 617-945-2404
- Inclusion in a small group – limited to 6 participants
- Personalized goal setting
- Orientation to the keys of effective exposures
- Mindfulness based eating exercises
- Dining together as a group
- Guided meditation experiences
- Post-meal processing
- Handouts and resources
- Access to a Registered Dietitian who leads you in this program
- Group size is limited to 6 participants.
- To reserve your seat in the program, contact Sarah. Your seat in the program will be officially reserved once payment is received in full.