Marci RD Nutrition: Food & Body Image Healers® helps clinicians and clients alike develop smart, enduring strategies for overcoming eating disorders, disordered eating, and the backlash of chronic dieting.
Our organization serves two groups of people – individuals looking to develop a healthier relationship to food and their bodies and clinicians seeking training on how to counsel individuals in recovery from eating disorders and disordered eating. However, a single working philosophy informs the work we do in both fields.
- Our job is to help individuals tap into their own inner wisdom and strength which is naturally inside each and every one of us. We think of ourselves as guides, companions, and partners along the road to learning, growing, and healing.
- It is possible to develop a peaceful relationship to food and bodies despite the lack of this modeled in our Western society.
- We embrace a counter-cultural message which promotes body diversity, fat positivity, and non-diet principles. We disavow weight-centric messaging and the notion that bodies are meant to be controlled or managed.
- The integration of both nutrition and psychology is key to fueling lasting transformation.
- As educators and practitioners, our work with individual clients informs and enhances our clinician training programs, and vice versa.
- The work we do is strongly rooted in the development of trusting relationships built on mutual respect, compassion, and empathy.
- We believe that when working with individuals our best work is done when we listen more than we speak.
- We remain committed to continued growth and learning and invest our time and financial resources to stay abreast in the most current research and best practices.
- Health At Every Size and Intuitive Eating Principles infuse our counseling, speaking, and teaching.