The Miracle of Mindfulness
"Aha!" moments strike me at odd times. Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that I had a big "AHA!" moment about "mindfulness" during a yoga class (my first in far too long!). My teacher spoke to how hard it was to just move. To just go through the vinyasa flow, because our brain always wants to know what's comkng next. It is constantly processing, analyzing and determine your next move. The act of just being in the moment, whether during a yoga class, a conversation with a friend, reading a book-anything, is remarkably hard!
"Mindfulness is the miracle by which we can call back in a flash our dispersed mind and restore it to wholeness so that we can live each minute of life." Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miricle of Mindfulness
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Dietitians: Are you Ready for the EDRDpro Symposium? 22-Mar-2017
- Digestive Disorders and Eating Disorders: A Complicated Mix 06-Mar-2017
- Defining Self-Acceptance... Or At Least My Definition 18-Feb-2017
- Practice Taking a Pause 15-Feb-2017
- BED and The Well-Trained Clinician: Are You Helping Without Harming? 06-Feb-2017
- 5 Week Mindful Eating Meal Support Series 12-Jan-2017
- Healing the Hate: A Better Body Image in the New Year 10-Jan-2017
- Resolutions: Making change a reality 28-Dec-2016
- Healthy Selfishness 23-Dec-2016
- Holiday Bill of Rights 07-Dec-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.