10% off until August 1st!
I am incredibly excited to announce the launch of my Eating Disorders Online Training today!
Whether you’ve been practicing for 20 years, or you’re a dietetic student or intern, the chances are high that you’ve received zero training on how to counsel people with eating disorders. Given that nearly 10% of the US populations falls along the ED spectrum (not to mention subclinical EDs) this is a huge problem!
I am Certified Eating Disorder Dietitian and IAEDP Approved Supervisor. I developed this 5 part series because I know that clients with eating disorders NEED a skilled, confident, and capable dietitian. And the purpose of this 5 part series is to lay the groundwork for you to start to develop the necessary skills to begin working with this population.
You’ll get 7.5 CEUS in this 5 part series during which I’ll cover topics including:
- Integrating therapeutic techniques appropriately into nutrition counseling
- How to effectively communicate and assert yourself within the context of a treatment team
- Developing a nutrition prescription and food plan
- Dealing with co-occurring medical and mental health diagnoses
- Food exposures
- Body Image
- And so much more!
Don’t have time to watch all 5 training videos sequentially? No problem--you can also pick one specific topic you want to focus on, rather than purchasing the entire series. You can also choose whether you want to rent or buy each video for future reference.
My hope is that you will find the training as helpful as the other dietitians who have already taken my online and live courses. My goal is that you walk away feeling more confident, more capable, and more empowered to treat people suffering from eating disorders.
You can learn more about my online training by visiting my site: https://marcird.pivotshare.com/
I was honored to participate in The Mindful Eating World Summit. It felt like a great way to share, with a larger audience, my thought and experiences as a nutrition therapist. My interview airs on Wednesday, March 25th so please follow this link to catch all of the details.
Mindfulness is a catchy word used with so much frequency, many of us have stopped thinking about what it actually means. In my interview I share with listeners:
1. How mindfulness informs my work.
2. How I became interested in integrating mindfulness-based practices into my work as a nutrition therapist.
3. The mindfulness experts that have had an impact in changing the way I work.
4. How the practice of mindfulness has the capacity to improve one’s relationship with food.
5. One of my favorite mindfulness based practices.
6. My thoughts on how mindfulness can (and is!) transforming some of our cultures unhealthy standards of beauty.
7. How the practice of mindfulness facilitates self-trust.
And below I am providing my freebie! A gift to all listeners. It’s a guided mindfulness experience that will help you practice identifying hunger and fullness. I hope you’ll enjoy it and would love your feedback on my interview and guided meditation. Did you learn anything new? Was it helpful? Do you have any follow-up questions.
Thanks for tuning in.
Save the Date!!!
I am hosting a 5 week Eating Disorder Nutrition Therapy course for RDs and RDs-to-be. Whether you're brand new to the nutrition field, or hoping to gain more experience in treating clients with eating disorders, this course will give you the skills and tools you need.
"Whether you are just beginning to work with people with eating disorders or have been working with the population for years, Marci's workshop is a must. Not only does Marci provide an in-depth look at eating disorders and the dietitian's role, but she provides actual tools that can be used immediately. One of the best available resources to dietitians for eating disorder education!"
-Lindsay Stenovec, MS, RDN, former course attendee.
"One of the best ED training programs available! Marci does a superb job integrating mental health and nutritional counseling so that you leave with a deeper understanding of how the nutrition therapist facilitates recovery. I strongly recommend this program for anyone wanting to improve their skills and add to their toolbox."
Lisa Pearl, MS, RD, LDN
Owner, Counseling and Nutrition Center 360, and former course attendee
- Become familiar with the basic psychology of eating disorders and common co-morbidities.
- Learn basic counseling & psychology terms to increase confidence when working with clients & colleagues.
- Integrate basic tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and motivational interviewing (MI) into nutrition counseling sessions.
- Develop an appropriate nutrition assessment and prescription for the eating disorder patient- including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorder not otherwise specified.
- Utilize mindfulness exercises to teach difficult concepts such as hunger, fullness, and satiety.eating disorder work.
- Receive an introduction to principles of Intuitive Eating and how to integrate it into you practice.
- Leave with a tool box of educational and experiential interventions and handouts for working with this population.
Date and Time:
1:30-2:30 PM EST October 14, 28, November 5,12,19
From the comfort of your own computer.
Cost and Registration:
$250 for 5 weekly sessions, handouts, and practical tools you can start using immediately
The lovely Amber Barke and I are facilitating another Intuitive Eating, Intuitive Living workshop in my office in Harvard Square. We hope you'll join us! Here is a link to the registration page and below you'll find the workshop details.
Intuitive Eating, Intuitive Living
An insIght Workshop with Amber Barke LICSW, RYT and Marci Anderson MS, RD, cPT
A weekend intensive workshop to restore balance & provide skills to support lasting wellness.
We live in a culture that encourages over-working, over-committing, and over-thinking. This can take a toll on our bodies, our relationships, and even our self-esteem. For lasting wellness, prioritizing self-care and re-connecting with our intuitive healthy selves is a necessity, even though it sometimes seems like an indulgence. This workshop is designed for clinicians, instructors, students, or anyone who wants a time-out from the pressures of everyday living. Through yoga, mindfulness-based exercises, lecture, and conversation you will leave with a tool box of resources for your own lasting wellness or to share with others. We believe that you have the means and insight to be in charge of your health. We plan to give you the opportunity to access that power.
Concepts Covered: Intuitive Eating training, the seven hungers, physiology of the stress response, yoga and emotional anatomy, meditation techniques, progressive relaxation, guided visualization, skills for managing challenging emotions, research on happiness and positive psychology
Where: 22 Hilliard St. Cambridge, MA 02138
When: Ocotber 11th - 13th
Friday evening, 6:00pm-9:00pm
Sunday 9:30 am-5:30pm
Investment: $295 early-bird discount by October 1st, $350 full-price
Registration limited to 6 participants. Reserve your space now!
Payment plans are available. Please contact us at: marci@marciRD.com or email@example.com to learn more.
We are not able to provide refunds
I am thrilled to announce the first Intuitive Eating, Intuitive Living Workshop that I will be facilitating with Amber Barke LICSW, RYT. On a day to day basis I am reminded of the number of people struggling with food, exercise, and their bodies. Amber and I have developed a workshop to address these very challenges.
Registration and workshop details can be found on the Event Brite page. If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to send us an email or give us a call! Registration is limited to 12 and the early bird rate of $250 is only available until September 21st. After September 21st the rate will increase to $300.
I am really looking forward to joining with Amber to work with you on finding peace in the process of better self-care.
Marci marci at marcird dot com
Amber bodyandself at gmail dot com