Recipe: Arugula and Lentil Salad from Martha Stewart
I recently tried out a recipe that I wanted to pass along. It’s a fantastic summer recipe that doesn’t necessarily require cooking, is incredibly fast and easy, and tastes great. I brought this dish to a potluck and it worked really well as a side dish. But you could also serve a bigger portion with a nice piece of crusty bread to make it a meal. Enjoy!
Arugula and Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese
Recipe and Picture Source: Martha Stewart
1/2 cup dried French green lentils, rinsed, drained, and picked over
*Marci’s note: I bought pre-cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s
1 small red onion, halved
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 ounces baby arugula (6 cups loosely packed)
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved if large
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Place lentils and 1 onion half in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; discard onion half. Transfer lentils to a medium bowl.
Marci note: with pre-cooked lentils, you get to skip this step!
Chop remaining onion. Combine vinegar and mustard. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Add chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper. Toss lentils with half the vinaigrette; let cool.
Arrange half the arugula on a platter. Spoon half the lentils on top. Top with half the tomatoes and half the goat cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form another layer; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Body Positive & Weight Loss 3 hours 6 mins ago
- Dare to be Different 25-Oct-2016
- How to Help Someone with an Eating Disorder 08-Oct-2016
- The Role of the RD: Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment 02-Oct-2016
- The Weight of Weight Stigma 26-Sep-2016
- Falling in Like with Exercise 19-Sep-2016
- Eating with Emotion 12-Sep-2016
- Grief and Self-Care 07-Sep-2016
- Eating with Satisfaction 01-Sep-2016
- Amy's Journey- A Guest Blog Post About Recovery 01-Sep-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.