Recipe: Arugula and Lentil Salad from Martha Stewart
I recently tried out a recipe that I wanted to pass along. It’s a fantastic summer recipe that doesn’t necessarily require cooking, is incredibly fast and easy, and tastes great. I brought this dish to a potluck and it worked really well as a side dish. But you could also serve a bigger portion with a nice piece of crusty bread to make it a meal. Enjoy!
Arugula and Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese
Recipe and Picture Source: Martha Stewart
1/2 cup dried French green lentils, rinsed, drained, and picked over
*Marci’s note: I bought pre-cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s
1 small red onion, halved
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 ounces baby arugula (6 cups loosely packed)
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved if large
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Place lentils and 1 onion half in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; discard onion half. Transfer lentils to a medium bowl.
Marci note: with pre-cooked lentils, you get to skip this step!
Chop remaining onion. Combine vinegar and mustard. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Add chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper. Toss lentils with half the vinaigrette; let cool.
Arrange half the arugula on a platter. Spoon half the lentils on top. Top with half the tomatoes and half the goat cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form another layer; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Healing the Hate: A Better Body Image for 2016 13 hours 23 mins ago
- Independence from Our Toxic Food Culture 03-Jul-2016
- NEW Online Eating Disorder Training for Dietitians and Dietetic Students 01-Jun-2016
- Spring Peanut Pad Thai 26-Apr-2016
- Help! I Am Addicted to Food 01-Mar-2016
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2016 & Sarah Patten 27-Feb-2016
- #5- Recovery is Possible 26-Feb-2016
- #4- Societal & Cultural Norms Fuel the Fire 25-Feb-2016
- #3- The Judgments Really Hurt 24-Feb-2016
- #2- Eating Disorders Come In All Shapes and Sizes 23-Feb-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.