In the spirit of the holidays, I wanted to share with you two little "treats" I've recently discovered.
XO Jane: Check out this article "Suck It, Food Guilt Season." I had trouble choosing a favorite quote to share with you, but here's one to give you the flavor:
"You don't need to titter and say 'Well, maybe just a little bit more' when someone offers you something you want to eat. Nor do you need to apologize when you don't really want to eat any of Aunt Susan's sweet potato casserole because you can't stand marshmallows: it's totally fine to say 'I'm good, thanks.' "
Your food choices are yours to own. It's ok to eat foods you LOVE, it's ok to honor your hunger. But it's not ok to add a heaping plate full of guilt and shame to go along with it. Quite frankly, it just tastes bad.
Body Image Advent Calendar- 25 days to address 25 different body image topics via video. Nick and Sarah are tackling tough topics like: media, airbrushing, fat talk, plastic surgery, how to define beauty, etc. Enjoy!
Do you have any holiday treats to share?
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- My Bliss List 25-Aug-2016
- How Do I Know if I'm Hungry? 14-Aug-2016
- Healing the Hate: A Better Body Image for 2016 25-Jul-2016
- Independence from Our Toxic Food Culture 03-Jul-2016
- NEW Online Eating Disorder Training for Dietitians and Dietetic Students 01-Jun-2016
- Spring Peanut Pad Thai 26-Apr-2016
- Help! I Am Addicted to Food 01-Mar-2016
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2016 & Sarah Patten 27-Feb-2016
- #5- Recovery is Possible 26-Feb-2016
- #4- Societal & Cultural Norms Fuel the Fire 25-Feb-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.