In the spirit of the holidays, I wanted to share with you two little "treats" I've recently discovered.
XO Jane: Check out this article "Suck It, Food Guilt Season." I had trouble choosing a favorite quote to share with you, but here's one to give you the flavor:
"You don't need to titter and say 'Well, maybe just a little bit more' when someone offers you something you want to eat. Nor do you need to apologize when you don't really want to eat any of Aunt Susan's sweet potato casserole because you can't stand marshmallows: it's totally fine to say 'I'm good, thanks.' "
Your food choices are yours to own. It's ok to eat foods you LOVE, it's ok to honor your hunger. But it's not ok to add a heaping plate full of guilt and shame to go along with it. Quite frankly, it just tastes bad.
Body Image Advent Calendar- 25 days to address 25 different body image topics via video. Nick and Sarah are tackling tough topics like: media, airbrushing, fat talk, plastic surgery, how to define beauty, etc. Enjoy!
Do you have any holiday treats to share?
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Body Positive & Weight Loss 12 hours 52 mins ago
- Dare to be Different 25-Oct-2016
- How to Help Someone with an Eating Disorder 08-Oct-2016
- The Role of the RD: Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment 02-Oct-2016
- The Weight of Weight Stigma 26-Sep-2016
- Falling in Like with Exercise 19-Sep-2016
- Eating with Emotion 12-Sep-2016
- Grief and Self-Care 07-Sep-2016
- Eating with Satisfaction 01-Sep-2016
- Amy's Journey- A Guest Blog Post About Recovery 01-Sep-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.