In the spirit of the holidays, I wanted to share with you two little "treats" I've recently discovered.
XO Jane: Check out this article "Suck It, Food Guilt Season." I had trouble choosing a favorite quote to share with you, but here's one to give you the flavor:
"You don't need to titter and say 'Well, maybe just a little bit more' when someone offers you something you want to eat. Nor do you need to apologize when you don't really want to eat any of Aunt Susan's sweet potato casserole because you can't stand marshmallows: it's totally fine to say 'I'm good, thanks.' "
Your food choices are yours to own. It's ok to eat foods you LOVE, it's ok to honor your hunger. But it's not ok to add a heaping plate full of guilt and shame to go along with it. Quite frankly, it just tastes bad.
Body Image Advent Calendar- 25 days to address 25 different body image topics via video. Nick and Sarah are tackling tough topics like: media, airbrushing, fat talk, plastic surgery, how to define beauty, etc. Enjoy!
Do you have any holiday treats to share?
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Fall Products I Love & Hate 02-Oct-2015
- Big Butts, Burgers, & Weight Stigma 23-Sep-2015
- Snacking Smarts 08-Sep-2015
- Product Showcase: Fairlife 07-Aug-2015
- Solutions for Summer Social Eating 24-Jul-2015
- Food Values Save You From Our Crazy Food Culture 02-Jul-2015
- TBM: My Own Body Image Journey 22-Jun-2015
- Want to Know What's Amazing About the Human Brain? 01-Jun-2015
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month 24-May-2015
- Toddlers and Picky Eating 10-May-2015
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.