In the spirit of the holidays, I wanted to share with you two little "treats" I've recently discovered.
XO Jane: Check out this article "Suck It, Food Guilt Season." I had trouble choosing a favorite quote to share with you, but here's one to give you the flavor:
"You don't need to titter and say 'Well, maybe just a little bit more' when someone offers you something you want to eat. Nor do you need to apologize when you don't really want to eat any of Aunt Susan's sweet potato casserole because you can't stand marshmallows: it's totally fine to say 'I'm good, thanks.' "
Your food choices are yours to own. It's ok to eat foods you LOVE, it's ok to honor your hunger. But it's not ok to add a heaping plate full of guilt and shame to go along with it. Quite frankly, it just tastes bad.
Body Image Advent Calendar- 25 days to address 25 different body image topics via video. Nick and Sarah are tackling tough topics like: media, airbrushing, fat talk, plastic surgery, how to define beauty, etc. Enjoy!
Do you have any holiday treats to share?
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- The Preserving Employee Wellness Programs Act 13-Apr-2015
- 21 Day Fix from a Passover Perspective 09-Apr-2015
- TBT: Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salad 07-Apr-2015
- Forgiveness with Alex Amarosi 31-Mar-2015
- Lent: Supporting or Derailing Your Health? 27-Mar-2015
- The Mindful Eating World Summit 23-Mar-2015
- Intuitive Eating, Obesity, Weight, and Dieting 12-Mar-2015
- National Nutrition Month: Bite Into a Healthy Lifestyle 06-Mar-2015
- EDAW 2015: Say Hello to Goodbye 28-Feb-2015
- EDAW 2015 with Amber Barke 27-Feb-2015
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.