Holiday Bill of Rights
There seems to be a pretty consistent theme that I'm discussing with all of my clients...the holidays. There are so many wonderful things about the holiday season. But let's be honest, it's also a stressful time of year. And if you're struggling with food and feelings about your weight, it can all feel a bit overwhelming.
But rather than thinking about what you should/should not eat, can/cannot have, consider the Intuitive Eater's Holiday Bill of Rights. What do you need to feel peace about food and your body during the holidays? Take some time to think about that question for yourself.
Marci's Holiday Bill of Rights:
- I claim the right to enjoy the foods I love and pass on the things I don't
- I claim the right to sleep for more than 8 hours while on vacation
- I claim the right to take a break from family time in order to exercise, read, or do what I need to feel good
- I claim the right to laugh....a lot, which is always the best form of therapy. :)
I'm eager to hear what you're health "rights" are during the holidays.
If you liked this post, you might also like one of these recent posts:
- Dietitians: Are you Ready for the EDRDpro Symposium? 22-Mar-2017
- Digestive Disorders and Eating Disorders: A Complicated Mix 06-Mar-2017
- Defining Self-Acceptance... Or At Least My Definition 18-Feb-2017
- Practice Taking a Pause 15-Feb-2017
- BED and The Well-Trained Clinician: Are You Helping Without Harming? 06-Feb-2017
- 5 Week Mindful Eating Meal Support Series 12-Jan-2017
- Healing the Hate: A Better Body Image in the New Year 10-Jan-2017
- Resolutions: Making change a reality 28-Dec-2016
- Healthy Selfishness 23-Dec-2016
- Holiday Bill of Rights 07-Dec-2016
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.